Civvis is now Tango Legal
Tango Legal is a natural language platform that provides a better way to find legal solutions online.
With Civvis being accepted in both the Duke Law Tech Lab and LexisNexis Legal Tech Accelerator last year, it made us rethink what service is the public missing when it comes to access to justice.
We realized that ‘turbo taxing’ courts form is helpful but that’s not the real issue, and isn’t the first step someone does for a legal matter.
Let me start with an example everyone will understand — tacos.
If you google ‘best tacos in NYC’ — you’ll get a list of restaurants, reviews, pics, maps, and hours — all on the first page. What does this all this information provide you? It gives you TRUST.
Now, google ‘how do i get my children back’ — the results are like throwing a dart in the dark. Is the top results helpful? maybe? maybe not? Does that pertain to my situation? I live in North Carolina but this website is talking about the law in California — can I still use this? Do you TRUST any of this information?
We have a problem
Consumers can’t trust online Search Results
- Legal search results lack plain language and include legal terminology — they’re not logical
- Legal search results are returned based on SEO and are not relevant to a Consumer’s local laws or jurisdiction — they’re not local
- Legal search results are often not vetted or provided by a trusted source — they’re often not legitimate
Legal Professionals can’t trust Search Engine Marketing
- The SEM model is Costly — “Lawyer” and “Attorney” are the 2 most expensive keywords avg >$100 per click on Bing and Google. Solo, Small, and Mid-sized firms can’t compete with the Big Law firms
- SEM competition is crowded — Attorneys, Law firms and Legal Tech companies are all bidding on the same keywords which drives up costs
- Clicks do not = Customers — SEM does not generate viable leads
What the Data shows us
Consumers want information
- 81% of consumers want an answer to each question they ask lawyers
- 77% want to know a lawyer’s experience and credentials
- 70% want a clear understanding of the legal process and what to expect
- 66% want an estimate of the total cost for their case
Legal Professionals want new Clients…but they struggle
Sources: Clio 2017, 2019 Legal Trends Report, reuters.com, World Justice Project
- 81% of lawyers say they are looking for more clients
- 60% of law firms fail to respond to new customers via email
- 94% of law firms don’t know their cost to acquire a client
- 91% of law firms can’t calculate their ROI on their marketing spend
Tango Legal B2B2C Voice Solution
Our mission is to serve as the conduit between consumers and legal professionals by translating plain language legal questions into actionable next steps.
We are the first B2B2C voice service in the legal tech market. Tango Legal isn’t the typical legal tech company who focuses on one issue e.g. divorce, estates, wills, expunctions, etc… we are the marketplace.
Our B2B2C model solves both sides of the equation.
For the Consumer
Users want to talk/type in their natural language not legalese to find answers to their legal issues.
- A free NLP (natural language platform) powered platform converts plain-language legal questions into actionable next steps.
- Listings and reviews from local, trustworthy, legal service providers
- Legal and Court information from any smart speaker/device — Alexa, Google Home, Siri, and other platforms.
For Legal Professionals
Voice: The next generation of Marketing for Legal Professionals
- Smart Speaker (Voice) Advertising
- Affordable high-volume Local, Regional, and Statewide digital advertising
- Measurable KPIs for marketing spend
- A platform to manage and communicate with new clients
Interested in learning more about Tango Legal?
We’d love to chat! We’re currently in Beta and are planning a nationwide rollout later this year. To learn more about Tango Legal or if you would like to be a part of our beta or wish to get more information from the Tango Legal team, send us an email.